Monday, September 10, 2012
For you my Friends,
Well, I promised to fill you in on Pam’s Jewelry Show. Pam did well though not as well as I had hoped. I had been so excited and wanted Pam to do Super, Fantastic. She passed on some insights that she learned through the process of this show and I thought I would pass them on to you.
Level of Preparedness:
1) To have a Great Show you need to be well prepared…from business cards to pricing. You need plenty of stock, plenty of promotion and plenty of smiles.
2) Be honest with yourself about how much effort is required to: create your items, prepare them for sale, and to promote your event PLUS your level of willingness to do it . If you are not up for it either get some help or reschedule, because it’s a lot of work!
3) Shift your focus from what you want, to what your customer needs: from what you create, to pricing, to presentation it’s all about your customers. So, make it attractive to them in every way.
4) Once you’re prepared and everything is in order, enjoy your customers! Have fun and those perfect customers will come to you! AND Finally…
5) Don’t give up! All the hard work pays off.
These ideas have been very helpful to me as I am preparing for my own fall shows. There is still a lot of work ahead so keep your chin up and just do the next thing!